Thursday, July 22, 2010

Heaven or the devil?


I'm sure that everyone has had days when their energy levels are so low it's hard to get motivated to take a shower much less be active in any way, shape or form. Before I started crosssfit I had more low energy days than highly active days.
But these days, my energy level has been given a boost by workouts like "Snake oil; the one time cure" and "Back in Black".

The workout yesterday was "Snake oil" and it definitely cured me of complaining about a measly ten burpees. The prescribed number of burpees was 150 (OMG!!!) and 150 toes to bar (Umm. . .ow). Feeling intensely intimidated I only did 100. The workout for me goes something like this

10 burpees
40 toes to bar (or for me; knees to. . as far as I can get them to go up)
1 rope climb
20 burpees
30 toes to bar
1 rope climb
30 burpees
20 toes to bar
1 rope climb
40 burpees
10 toes to bar
1 rope climb
Pass out on the floor with exhaustion while puddles of sweat form around inert body.

For those of you not in crossfit or basic training a burpee is a six step exercise that starts from a standing position, then a quickly as possible goes to the plank position then your whole torso touches the floor before jumping back to standing and clapping above your head, making sure your feet leave the ground when jumping up. Just trying to explain it is exhausting! I added a video above that explains it much better (by the way I don't look anything like that doing mine, I look more like. . well not like that).

The good news is, I have tons of energy these days!! So the burpees are from the devil, but the way they make me feel afterwards is amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment